United Gear and Machine is actively monitoring all public health guidance regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and we will respond as necessary to support the customers we serve.
What United Gear is doing:
- Our offices and public areas are being cleaned thoroughly every day and our team is also taking extra precautions wiping surfaces.
- All departments have industrial strength disinfectant spray and disposable wipes.
- All machine operators are cleaning handles, machines and commonly touched surfaces at the end of every shift
- We are actively communicating with our staff to keep them informed, as the health and well-being of our customers and our employees are very important to us.
- All team members have been educated on preventative actions they can take, such as hand washing and cough and respiratory etiquette.
- CDC provided posters have been posted in break rooms, bathrooms and other common areas which describe symptoms and preventative measures.
- All employees were told to stay home if they feel sick, especially if they are exhibiting any of the symptoms of COVID-19
- We are monitoring all team member travel – employees are asked to remain on site during the working day and limit interactions outside of work.
What our customers can do:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap is not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are not feeling well.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
For more updates and tips on what precautions you should take, please follow: